I don't know if i should have woken up in such a peaceful mood after having such an unsettling dream.
I was with the circle and my brothers, and we were all going to webster's house, but webster's house was part of a cemetery to which his room opened up to. I commented on how odd it was to live next to a cemetery, let alone have it be a part of your room. He didn't take much notice to it, and i began to look around. Everyone started to leave slowly and I didn't notice until i told my brothers to stop climbing on the gravestones. Then, they ran off and i noticed three graves with bodies on top. I approached with caution as i realized the three bodies were covered with a sheet that seemed to move because of breathing.
I touched the first corpse to discover she was still warm. I lifted away the death shroud and the corpse was still. I guess it can still be considered a corpse even though she wasn't decomposing because she was still dead. It was a young woman, probably my age, and she looked a lot like me, except her chest was bigger and she had very short hair. I touched her body and she stirred, grimaced, and reluctantly opened her eyes. Nikki stood crouched on the second headstone and poked at the second corpse with a long, twisted stick. I watched her do so until the first corpse sat up and turned to me. I asked her what he name was, and she simply said, "So, you're probably really confused." I nodded and she chuckled. "Yeah, i figured. To answer your questions; yes, I am dead. No, you're not crazy, and no, i'm not a zombie. I'm a ghost."
I looked around once again and she whistled to get my attention. I must have been scared because she shook her head and slapped her hand on my shoulder. This, unlike her torso, was ice cold.
"What do you want?" she asked.
"Do you have some unfinished business to deal with?" she shrugged.
"Not really." I pulled out a piece of folded up paper from my pocket and a pencil. I began to write down my address.
"What's all that for?" she asked in a quizzical manner.
"My address, just in case you're one of those traveling ghosts and want something said to the living. You can reach me here." she took the paper and looked up at me. Her gaze gave me the shivers.
"Don't freak. The dead hate that. We're still people, man." She stood up and brushed the dirt off of her. It looked like she rose to the top of her grave through the ground.
"What of the other two?" i asked. Nikki was gone and the two bodies were squirming violently and were notably decaying.
"Don't pay attention to them." She walked into webster's room and picked up a skull on the tower to a computer and began to examine it. I walked behind her and asked, "So, do you need to finish business or something? Since you're a ghost and all?"
"Well, not me personally. To be honest it's not a safe place to be if you're willing to help the dead. Some of them want your help but resent you living and stuff. They could kill you, drive you mad, or a plethora of other stuff." she put the skull down and walked through me.
"You were solid a second ago, man. Do you think you could chill with the walking through shit?" She laughed and walked into a hallway. I followed her into the hall and saw she was standing with another girl. They were taking pictures of random objects and giggling together.
"hello?" i asked, slightly annoyed. they both looked at me for a second as an older woman came in with a camera of her own. She smiled and ran up to hug the corpse girl. I assumed it was her mother.
"oh, sweetie, how nice it is to see you!" she said, wiping tears from her eyes. It was so touching i almost started to cry.
"It's nice to see you too. I missed you." the corpse girl said. The mother then backed away and waved at me.
"C'mere, sweetie. Any friend of hers is a friend of mine! Picture time!" I reluctantly stood next to the girl. Soon, i lightened up and we all posed and danced around as her mother took pictures. I looked at the clothing the girl wore and noticed they weren't of the best quality. I was wearing my favorite shirt suddenly, and i offered it to her. She agreed joyfully and I took off my shirt and she put it on. It ended up matching nicely and she noted that. Then, she gave her mother a hug and the girl a hug and walked back to her grave. She asked me to put the sheet back over her head. She laid on the dirt and said thank you, and i put the sheet over her face. The movement of her and the other two immediately stopped, and there was dead silence. I examined the area; the mother and girl were gone, as well as everyone else. So i wandered the cemetery the rest of the evening until i found a grave for myself. Then i sat down on the grave and straightened my hat. I laid down, placed the shroud over my face and body, and fell asleep. Or died, i don't know.
andddd that's it.
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment